24 January 2010

Live more. Write more. Move more.

This is Chance. He's about nine years old and loves taking walks and chewing on rawhide bones. Actually he's obsessed with those bones. He needs a new one every day, even when he isn't finished with an old one. The other night when I was letting him back into the house I asked, "Where's your bone?" and he ran off the porch and began barking at the stairs. Unfortunately it was late and I could not see beneath the stairs so I had to give him a brand new one inside. I'm unable to take Chance on very many walks during this time of the year, because by the time I get home from work it's dark out and it's always cold. This weekend was moderately un-cold (and by that I mean slightly above freezing).

There are a few blog-related things I decided on the two walks that Chance and I went on this weekend. The first is that I miss taking pictures and I decided that most pictures on Penny Days are going to be my own. Taking pictures is incredibly therapeutic for me but I seem to never really do it any more. It forces me to find beauty in what's around me in order to take the time to really, carefully show it to someone else.

The second is more life related and really, it's not some huge epiphany. It's not even news to me. I turned twenty-five a couple months ago, and I've decided to make 2010 the best it can be. I had the same thought last year, with slightly different numbers of course. I need some sort of motto, something I can live with and make into my life or at least my year. LIVE MORE. WRITE MORE. MOVE MORE. Can I handle that? It seems almost too vague. But I'm trying. Right now I'm trying with this very post.

Happy Sunday everyone, I have to go figure out a certain stance I have with a certain boy. Wish me luck because, uh, I'll need it. (This does involve me living more. And also, facing certain anxieties, and potentially moving more. Ha. Ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment