01 January 2010

09 Experiences of 2009



(credit)
I find it so easy to just not reflect on the year passed. While blogs are busy with list making and reflections, I am so good at ignoring holidays such as New Years. We all know that resolutions are mostly crap. We know that years are so long, so much is put into one year, that what are we

New York!! - in late August the BFF and I went on an amazing adventure to New York City. We took the Fung Wah bus, stayed in Chuck Bass' hotel (The Palace), maneuvered the metro system, and had two nights of general amazingness

My First Kiss - It was awkward and weird and made me question my sexuality, but I was nearly 25 at the time, and it was about time for this experience.

My 25th Birthday - a weeklong event that included the BFF staying with me, hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend (I lovingly refer to them as GA or Georgia), discovering that White Zinfendel is my alcohol, becoming immortal, getting lost in Boston, pumpkin cheesecake and a basement party that included drinking boxed wine out of Diet Coke cans.

Taking Charge of My Mental Health - it's been a long time coming, and I am certainly not there yet, but I've actively been making changes that have decreased my anxiety and depression. It's an amazing experience and I'd reccommend that anyone who thinks they might have issues to try and do something about it.

Landing My Current Job - I started 2009 unemployed, but two short weeks into the year Mutual Bank hired me as a teller. One year later, I've worked in three different branches and gone from part time teller to full time teller. I enjoy my job, more than I thought I would before I began to work at a bank. It's not my favourite, and I don't intend to make this into a career, but it's been a lovely job to have. I've met some amazing people, I have some pretty sweet benefits and within the past month or so I've been able to read lots.

Starting This Blog - This is a brand new adventure. I've decided to make this into a blog, form it as I form myself and see what comes of it. I know I've started blogs before, and I've yet to even really advertise this one, but I have a good feeling about Penny Days and all that it will bring me in 2010.

Peaceful Meadows - When I was sixteen I got a job at the best ice cream place in Plymouth, Peaceful Meadows Ice Cream. I spent five years on and off scooping ice cream for tourists and regulars alike. Earlier this year I was working only part time at the bank, so I decided to go back to Peaceful Meadows part time. I had forgotten how much I loved working there. Sure, it's food service, there are crazy customers and cakes to frost. But I loved knowing people's orders and writing Happy Birthday in red icing. I worked by myself during the day and danced around listening to top 40's music. It was a good time.

Pushing Daisies - I can never express how much I love this show. The last few episodes aired earlier this spring, and the dvd was released months later. Every time I watch an episode I am reminded how much I love the Pie Maker and Itty Bitty and Lonely Tourist Charlotte Charles and every single other character on the show. I love the bright colours and strange characters, I love Ned and his adorableness, I love Chuck's wardrobe. I love the humour and the awkwardness, the magic and Jim Dale's narration. It's a great show, and it was really a shame that it was canceled.

Driving In Boston - I used to refuse to do it. Drivers in Massachusetts can be insane, and I know Boston mostly by walking and taking the T. But there were many times this year I braved the streets. Armed with my GPS I drove through tunnels, picked up friends at South Station and Logan Airport, and I even drove through Brighton and Cambridge without even panicking.



and, as a bonus, here are the ten most amazing experiences of my past decade (2009 experiences listed here not included...)
graduating high school. (and college!!)
grad night 2003 - Disney World
all of the amazing times with my close friends i've met online (ohio, texas, tulsa, washington, THE CONFEDERACY)
mayfest 2005
california <3
ITALY
all of the jobs i've had happened in this decade
meeting Hanson
co-writing an awesome novel in 3 months
Harry Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment