02 December 2009

Welcome to Penny Days.

For years I've contemplated opening a blog, I've even gone so far as to starting a couple with really half-hearted attempts to escaping the world of "online journals" and coming into something better. The idea of a personal blog seems frowned upon sometimes, especially by "professional bloggers", and with all this so-called professionalism that comes along with blogging these days, it's tough for just anyone to create a niche that really means something. We are left with wondering what to write about, should we narrow down our topics? Be specific? What if we are not creative enough to think up something breath taking and ground breaking? Blogging should be about that niche that seems lost between professional blogging and impressing readers with words.

Penny Days is about finding the magic in every day life. I took that term from a novel I wrote in 2003 that was based on the Hanson song Penny & Me. But this blog is about so much more than just finding that magic. It's about creating the magic, it's about being yourself, it's about finding a life outside of these dull walls. And it's also about me, who I am and who I am trying to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment