22 February 2010

Taking The Week Off

Taking The Week Off

Okay, so the title is slightly misleading, I have no upcoming vacation week that I'm making use of (though I wish I did. It would make my time this week much more productive. Either way, I'll have to make due). But I've vowed to not make plans with anyone this week, which is unusual for me. There are nights I feel panicked and too alone, annoyed that my friends are too busy to hang out. There are nights when I invite myself on dates (well, you know, less formal of course) with my brother and his girlfriend. I text everyone I know, I wonder what they're doing, I force myself out on long drives that end at Borders with blended drinks and stacks of books. I must admit first that I have made a few exceptions to this "no plans" thing, as I have plans on Wednesday night with K*, my friend I haven't seen in what feels like years. And also I told my mom I would partake in Zumba with her at her gym tomorrow (which is good considering taking a Zumba class is part of my 25 of 25 list -- that has yet to be posted, because I've yet to complete the making of it)

But regardless. I wrote a huge list in my Moleskine this afternoon of things I could do on my break week. Nothing on this list is any different than the usual lists I make of things to do. Except I have the intentions of actually attempting them. Making bread is on this list (and also part of my 25 of 25. Coming soon, I promise) as is writing lots of blog posts and watching movies I haven't seen. Or watching Gilmore Girls which I've seen many times (and am currently watching). I think that knowing I am not making plans makes me feel calmer than knowing there is no one to make plans with. I (possibly) won't deny plans if someone else wants to make them, but it's nice to be by myself for a while without feeling like I need to be doing something else. I am also taking this time to explore Google Docs. I'd like to take Chance on many walks and take a yoga class. I've been figuring out my finances, and creating a budget that I hope to stick with. It's only the beginning of the week and I feel so productive! I will report back at the end of this week my findings (or failures or productivity rate).

If you could take the week off and escape responsibility, what would you do?

Okay, so, irrelevant but necessary: I cannot recommend Lush's Coco Lotion enough. My skin is so soft, I can not even comprehend right now. During the writing of this blog entry, I have stopped at least ten times just to feel my hands.




*Since I have too many friends with the first initial of K, this person will be renamed KK.

No comments:

Post a Comment