14 February 2010

Valentine's Day 2010



(the BFF & I)

Happy day of love, everyone. I'm not really a fan of Valentine's day. This mostly because it has never applied to me, at least not in any un-platonic way. But even so I don't think this is a reason to be bitter about the holiday. Sure you can show your love to your significant other/ best friend / dog / flowers / family any day of the week, but why does that mean you should ignore a day specifically celebrated to spread the love? So if you have no one else to send your flowers, sit down and read Gala Darling's blog post 100 Ways You Can Start Loving Yourself Right Now and take the time to actually do so. I realize this post is quite late in the day, but the night isn't over and there's always time for yourself. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Gala's post really opened me up to realize how wrong I have been doing things these past few weeks. It was a wonderful Vday simply because I know I have inspiring friends like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I agree! I also wish I had the funds this year to send everyone little Valentines. I love being festive like that and giving my friends things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture...

    ReplyDelete